Red Sea’s REEFER™ series of Reef Systems provide advanced hobbyists with a solid foundation for building a fully featured reef or marine aquarium.
The REEFER™ series combines a contemporary, rimless, ultra-clear glass aquarium with a stylish cabinet and a comprehensive water management system including a professional sump with integrated automatic top-up and Red Sea’s unique silent down-flow system.
Incorporating technologies originally developed for Red Sea’s all-in-one MAX® coral reef systems, the REEFER™ series is designed for ease of operation while enabling the advanced hobbyist to install an unlimited choice of lighting, filtration, circulation and controllers to create a uniquely customized system.
The new REEFER™ XXL 750 model is 65cm (25.6″) wide, 60cm (23.6″) high, and 180cm (71″) long with a 750 liter (200 gal) capacity. It is constructed using 19mm (3/4″) ultra-clear glass and sits on an extra durable HPL coated plywood Marine Spec cabinet for greater water resistance. The feet are fully adjustable for perfect leveling on any surface.
These are impressive full-sized reef systems that give you the freedom to create more intricate and diverse reefscapes without the constraints of smaller tanks.
The REEFER™ XXL series have advanced sumps with the following exciting new features:
- An adjustable height skimmer chamber, enabling you to set the water level (between 21-27cm / 8.3″-10.6″) for optimal skimmer performance.
- A “Refugium Ready” sump with two pre-set positions allows you to decide how much of the sump you want for your skimmer and other reactors and how much as a dedicated refugium chamber.
- 4 micron filter bags
- RO liter reservoir that can be slid aside when necessary for pump maintenance.
Features of the Red Sea REEFER™ include:
- Rimless, ultra-clear, 60cm (23.6″) high glass aquarium
- Elegant Marine-Spec plywood cabinet with levelling feet
- Refugium-Ready sump with adjustable height skimmer chamber and micron filter bags
- Integrated automatic top-up with reservoir
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
REEFER™ aquariums are constructed from thick, beveled-edge, ultra-clear glass to support their elegant and modern rimless design. The aquarium sits on a recessed base that “floats” it above the cabinet, which seamlessly follows the contour of the glass. The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump, (and also includes a dedicated, vented space for chillers) is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors.
REEFER™ Water Management System
Removable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle. In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump. On entering the sump the water passes through a 225 micron mechanical filter bag, before entering the filtration compartment that maintains a constant water height, making it suitable for all skimmers and other reactors. In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber. To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER™ sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system. Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.