Type: Aquarium Filter Media
MarinePure's bio-media is technically advanced, featuring Thin Bio-Film Technology™ that provides the perfect habitat for beneficial bacteria to flourish in order to remove harmful fish waste.
• Helps to eliminate ammonia and lower nitrates.
• Reduces tank maintenance.
• Allows for higher bioloads.
• Helps to keep water chemistry consistent.
• Can be used in tanks, sumps, canister filters, DIY filters, waterfall filters, or hang-on-back filters.
How Thin Bio-Film Technology™ works:
A combination of vast surface area and open/interconnected pores allows a thin bio-film to develop. This thin film allows bacteria to flourish because necessary nutrients are immediately available. With the open pores, old dead bio-film is easily flushed from the media and will not plug the media. Water flows through the media, not around as with other denser media, thus utilizing the most surface area for beneficial bacterial growth.